Owners and Operators
- The first owner of this resident, currently Hotel Conde de Villanueva was Don Sebastián Hernández Castellanos in 1714.
- Hotel Conde de Villanueva was the residence in the XIX century of Claudio Martínez de Pinillos, Conde de Villanueva (Villanueva’s Count) and celebrated personality linked to the economic flourishing of Cuba.
- After 1889 the current Hotel Conde de Villanueva was property of different owners such as: Mercantile Society "Marina and Company", Company of Credits and Trade and Ministry of Culture.
- In this hotel you can find one of the best cigar shops of Havana that is managed by the expert Alberto Mendoza Mirabal.
- Nowadays the Hotel Conde de Villanueva is now run by Habaguanex Company belonging of the Office of the City Historian of Havana.
Welcome to my site dedicated to the famous and historical Hotel Conde de Villanueva in Old Havana. I am "poco a poco" researching and updating it with the aim to provide as complete as possible record of the hotel's ancient and recent history; bearing in mind that the goings-on today may one day be of historical interest.
My site is NOT the official website of the current hotel operator, and is by no means endorsed by them; but I am grateful for their help with the research.
You can make from this site room reservations through the Bizloco eTravel System operated by Cubaism Ltd.
Best wishes for 2009
Nigel Alexander Hunt